- Sustainability Case Study: 6 September 2007, 3:00pm at Bargetto’s Regan Vineyards in Corralitos (directions here). John Bargetto will host this meeting, give us a tour of the 40 acre Regan Vineyard, and share their vineyard practices, including sustainable solutions such as solar power and biodiesel.
- 11 July 2007 Meeting, at Hunter Hill Vineyards & Winery, 3:00pm. Our speaker: Thomas Wittman, gopher expert extraordinaire – on the secret life of gophers, and how to effectively rid your vineyard of them Plus, the latest on the light brown apple moth. And a business meeting.
- 27 June 2007, 1:00pm: Sustainability Self-Assessment Workshop, held by the Wine Institute. Seacliff Inn, Aptos. No charge. RSVP required at least 7 days in advance online or call 415-512-0151. This workshop is for:
- all those who have already done the self-assessment – there are new topics & it may be time to update your assessment, and
- those who have not done the self-assessment.
Click here for more information on the value of the Self-Assessment to your vineyard operations, and the format of the program.
Note: The morning program addresses issues of interest to winery operations: Maximizing Tasting Room Opportunities; New Regulations and Laws; New Direct Shipping Laws.
- 2 May 2007 Meeting, 3:30 – 5:30pm, Zayante Vineyards. Spring Program in the Vineyard with a focus on the Spring regimen and looking forward to the coming few months, including nutrient sprays and disease management. Local vineyardists will share their programs and advice: Mark Edgemon, Rick Anzalone, Ron Mosley and Prudy Foxx. Zayante Vineyards, 420 Old Mountain Road, Felton. Take Highway 17 to Bear Creek Road. Turn left on Summit Road, then right on Upper Zayante Road and travel about 4.5 miles. Turn right on Old Mountain Road and follow the VASCM signs. NOTE: Membership renewals are due for 2007.
- Pinot Paradise, 17-18 March 2007: featuring this divine wine made from the grapes we grow in the Santa Cruz Mountains.
- Saturday, 17 March: Pinot Pathways. Area wineries are open and pouring their Pinots, including barrel tastings, etc.
- Sunday, 18 March: The Pinot Paradise Grand Cruz Tasting and optional Technical Sessions at Villa Ragusa in Campbell.
- More information.
- Tickets are available from the SCMWA at 831-685-8463.